... Red flag warning in effect from 11 am this morning to 6 PM MDT
this evening for low relative humidity and gusty winds for fire
weather zones 259... 297... 298 and 299...
The National Weather Service in Rapid City has issued a red flag
warning for low relative humidity and gusty winds, which is in
effect from 11 am this morning to 6 PM MDT this evening. The Fire
Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Affected area... fire weather zones 259... 297... 298 and 299.
* Winds... south 15 to 20 mph with frequent gusts up to 35 mph.
* Relative humidity... as low as 10 percent.
* Temperatures... in the 70s.
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds and low relative
humidity will produce critical fire weather conditions.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northeastern Crook Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 2:23 AM MDT Oct. 19, 2017 – National Weather Service