... Red flag warning in effect from 4 PM this afternoon to 8 PM
PDT Wednesday for gusty winds and low humidity for Washington fire
weather zone 641...
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a red flag
warning, which is in effect from 4 PM this afternoon to 8 PM PDT
* Affected area... in Washington... fire zone 641 covering the lower
Columbia Basin and the Blue Mountain foothills of Washington.
* Timing... winds have increased this afternoon and will become
breezy during the evening hours. Although winds will diminish
overnight... winds will increase again Wednesday afternoon and
* Wind... southwest to west wind 10 to 20 mph with local gusts to
30 mph during the evening hours.
* Humidity... 8 to 15 percent this afternoon. 10 to 20 percent
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northwest Blue Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 1:06 PM PDT Jul. 17, 2018 – National Weather Service