... Winter Weather Advisory now in effect until 6 am CST Friday...
* what... rain changing over to snow.
* Where... northern Concho Valley and Heartland
* when... today and tonight.
* Additional details... snow accumulations form a dusting up to 3
inches will be possible. Some higher elevations and hilltops
across the area may see even higher totals. This snow will
combine with very strong winds to create travel difficulties
late this afternoon and this evening.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow will cause
travel difficulties be prepared for slippery roads and limited
visibilities... and use caution while driving.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Sterling Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 10:28 AM CST Dec. 13, 2018 – National Weather Service
Issued: 12:21 PM CST Dec. 13, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until midnight CST tonight...
* timing... this afternoon through midnight tonight.
* Winds... northwest winds 25 to 40 mph with gusts as high as 55
* Impacts... travel will become difficult, particularly for high
profile vehicles on east-west highways. Lightweight items may
be blown around, small tree limbs may be blown down. Reduced
visibility may occur due to blowing dust.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.