... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 3 PM this afternoon to
6 am CST Friday...
* what... rain changing over to snow.
* Where... the Big Country.
* When... this afternoon and tonight.
* Additional details... much of this area will see snow totals of 1
to 3 inches. However, higher elevations and hilltops from south
of Sweetwater near Nolan and Maryneal to south and east of
Abilene may see even higher totals. The snow will combine with
very strong winds to make driving difficult at times late this
afternoon and this evening.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow will cause
travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited
visibilities... and use caution while driving.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Fisher Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 3:55 AM CST Dec. 13, 2018 – National Weather Service
Issued: 10:02 PM CST Dec. 12, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 9 am Thursday to midnight
CST Thursday night...
* timing... 9 am to midnight Thursday.
* Winds... northwest winds 25 to 40 mph with gusts as high as 55
* Impacts... travel will become difficult, particularly for high
profile vehicles on east-west highways. Lightweight items may
be blown around, small tree limbs may be blown down. Reduced
visibility may occur due to blowing dust.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.