... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Saturday afternoon through
Saturday evening for strong winds and low relative humidity values
for the western Oklahoma Panhandle as well as western and central
sections of the Texas Panhandle...
The National Weather Service in Amarillo has issued a Fire
Weather Watch for strong winds and low relative humidity, which
is in effect from Saturday afternoon through Saturday evening.
* Affected area... in Oklahoma... Cimarron. In Texas... Dallam...
Sherman... Hansford... Hartley... Moore... Hutchinson... Oldham...
Potter... Carson... Deaf Smith... Randall... Armstrong and Palo
* 20 foot winds... southwest to west winds of 25 to 35 mph with
higher gusts are expected.
* Relative humidity... minimum relative humidity values between 15
and 20 percent are anticipated.
* Red flag threat index... 3 to 4.
* Timing... critical fire weather conditions are expected to begin
around 1 PM CST Saturday afternoon and end around 8 PM CST Saturday
A Fire Weather Watch means that the potential for critical fire
weather conditions exists. Listen for later forecasts and
possible red flag warnings.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Sherman Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Watch
Issued: 4:27 PM CST Feb. 15, 2019 – National Weather Service