The Flood Warning continues for
the Saluda River at Chappells.
* Until Friday morning... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 7 PM Tuesday the stage was 16.2 feet.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 16.3 feet early
Wednesday morning then slowly fall. The river will fall below flood
stage on Thursday.
* At 16.0 feet... extensive farmland and river bottomland around and
downstream from Chappells become flooded.
* At 14.0 feet... lowlands around and downstream from Chappells become
flooded. Cattle grazing river bottomland should be moved to higher
Lat... Lon 3417 8190 3420 8168 3412 8169 3414 8187
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Saluda Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 8:20 PM EST Dec. 11, 2018 – National Weather Service