... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 1 am EST
* what... heavy snow develops this evening and changes to sleet and
then rain by late evening. Total snow accumulations 3 to 6
inches. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph.
* Where... portions of southeastern Massachusetts and northern
and southern Rhode Island.
* When... from 4 PM this afternoon to 1 am EST Friday.
* Additional details... travel will become very difficult this
evening with a period of 1 to 2 inch per hour snowfall rates.
The hazardous conditions could impact the latter half of the
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will
cause primarily travel difficulties. Expect snow covered roads
and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
The latest Road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Western Kent Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 3:25 PM EST Nov. 15, 2018 – National Weather Service
Issued: 11:31 AM EST Nov. 15, 2018 – National Weather Service
The Flood Warning continues for
the Pawtuxet River at Cranston.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 10:46 am Thursday the stage was 10.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 9.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to a stage of 9.1 feet
by tomorrow morning.
* Impact... at 10.0 feet... flooding will occur along Pioneer Avenue,
bellows street and venturi Avenue in Warwick. Some homes are
impacted on Avery Road and Wellington Avenue in Cranston.
Lat... Lon 4178 7156 4180 7139 4172 7137 4170 7155