... Winter Storm Warning now in effect until 10 am PST Monday...
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 10 am PST
* what... occasional moderate to heavy snow showers. Additional
snow accumulations of 3 to 6 inches in warning area, and 1 to 3
additional inches in advisory area, are expected.
* Where... the warning area includes mountain passes on Interstate
5 from Grants Pass to Roseburg, Camas Mountain on Highway 42,
and Hayes Hill on Highway 199. The advisory is for valleys west
of the Cascades including the Umpqua, Illinois, Applegate, and
rogue. Cities affected by the advisory include, but are not
limited to, Medford, Ashland, Cave Junction, Grants Pass, Shady
Cove, and Roseburg.
* When... until 10 am PST Monday. Snow showers will diminish early
in the morning, but some roads will be icy through the morning
* Additional details... plan on difficult travel conditions. Be
prepared for significant reductions in visibility at times.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* travel is strongly discouraged because of dangerous conditions.
* If you must travel, keep tire chains, a flashlight, blankets,
food, water, medications, and a fully charged phone with you.
* The safest place during a winter storm is indoors.
* A Winter Storm Warning means that severe winter weather is
occurring and poses a threat to life and property. Take
protective action now.
* A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause travel difficulties.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Jackson County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 2:51 PM PST Feb. 18, 2018 – National Weather Service