... Winter Storm Warning now in effect until 8 PM PDT Saturday...
... Winter Weather Advisory now in effect from 7 PM this evening
to 11 am PDT Saturday...
* what... moderate to heavy snow expected. Snow accumulations of 6
to 12 inches in the warning area with more than 2 feet in the
mountains. One to 3 inches in the advisory area with local
amounts to 5 inches.
* Where... warning above 2000 feet in eastern Curry County and
Josephine County. Sexton pass and Smith Hill on I-5 are also
included in the warning area. The advisory is for the Illinois
Valley, including Highway 199 from west of Wilderville to the
* When... for the Winter Storm Warning, until 8 PM PDT Saturday.
For the Winter Weather Advisory, from 7 PM this evening to 11 am
PDT Saturday. About a 6 hour break in precipitation is expected
between 11 PM Friday and 5 am Saturday.
* Additional details... plan on difficult travel conditions,
including during the evening commute. Be prepared for
significant reductions in visibility at times. Wet, slushy
roads may refreeze.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* travel is strongly discouraged because of dangerous conditions.
* If you must travel, keep tire chains, a flashlight, blankets,
food, water, medications, and a fully charged phone with you.
* The safest place during a winter storm is indoors.
* A Winter Storm Warning means that severe winter weather is
occurring and poses a threat to life and property. Take
protective action now.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern Curry County and Josephine County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 2:00 PM PDT Mar. 23, 2018 – National Weather Service