The Flood Warning continues for
the Humboldt River at Battle Mountain.
* Until further notice.
* At 2:15 am Tuesday the stage was 10.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 9.5 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Impact... at 11.0 feet... moderate to major lowland flooding
throughout reach. Many rural roads flooded and some basements of
homes near the river begin to flood in Beowawe and Battle
Mountain areas. Livestock stranding and miring can be significant.
About 3900 cfs, about a 10 year flood, 10 percent chance any year.
Similar to floods of may 1975 and June 1995.
Lat... Lon 4074 11638 4055 11649 4060 11691 4076 11710 4093 11704
330 am PDT Tue Mar 28 2017
... Flood Warning extended until this afternoon... the Flood Warning
the Humboldt River at Palisade.
* Until this afternoon.
* At 3:00 am Tuesday the stage was 6.9 feet.
* Flood stage is 7.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river is expected to rise to near flood stage early
this morning and afternoon.
* Impact... at 7.0 feet... minor lowland flooding begins between Carlin
and Battle Mountain. This is about 3650 cfs.
Lat... Lon 4073 11615 4066 11612 4052 11623 4056 11651 4065 11644
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northern Lander County and Northern Eureka County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 3:30 AM PDT Mar. 28, 2017 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Battle Mountain
- Buckingham Camp
- Copper Basin
- Crescent Valley
- Dewitt Mill
- Gold Acres
- Gold Quartz
- Lower Gimmel Field
- North Battle Mountain
- Slaughterhouse Field
- Thomas Place
- Upper Gimmel Field