... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Monday afternoon through
Monday evening for gusty winds and low humidity for the west
central Nevada basin and range...
The National Weather Service in Reno has issued a Fire Weather
Watch for gusty winds and low humidity, which is in effect from
Monday afternoon through Monday evening.
* Affected area... fire zone 453 west central Nevada basin and
* Winds... west-southwest 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
The strongest gusts are likely north and west of Interstate 80.
* Humidity... 5 to 10 percent.
* Duration... 6 to 9 hours.
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds and low humidity can
cause fire to rapidly grow in size and intensity before first
responders can contain them.
Avoid outdoor activities that can cause a spark near dry
vegetation, such as yard work, target shooting, or campfires.
Follow local fire restrictions. Check weather.Gov/Reno for
updates and livingwithfire.Info for preparedness tips.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Mineral and Southern Lyon Counties Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Watch
Issued: 4:22 AM PDT Jun. 24, 2018 – National Weather Service