... High wind watch in effect from late Friday night through
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a high
wind watch, which is in effect from late Friday night through
* Location... central and south Central Highlands, Guadalupe, Quay,
Curry, Roosevelt, De Baca, Chaves, and eastern Lincoln counties.
* Winds... sustained 40 to 50 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.
* Timing... starting 2 am MST Saturday morning, peaking around
sunrise before slowly tapering off by 5 PM MST.
* Visibility... locally reduced in areas of blowing dust or snow.
* Local impacts... strong Crosswinds will produce hazardous if not
dangerous driving conditions along north-to-south oriented
roadways, including U.S highways 54, 70, 84, and 285. Wind
damage could occur to small structures with light weight objects
potentially becoming airborne.
Remember, a high wind watch means conditions are favorable for a
potentially damaging high wind event in and close to the watch
area. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts of 58 mph
or more can lead to property damage. Monitor the latest forecasts
at weather.Gov/abq, listen to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Curry County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Watch
Issued: 2:54 PM MST Feb. 21, 2019 – National Weather Service