... Red flag warning in effect until 5 PM MST this afternoon for
wind and low relative humidity for fire weather zones 204 and
The National Weather Service in North Platte has issued a red
flag warning for wind and low relative humidity, which is in
effect until 5 PM MST this afternoon.
* Affected area... in nez204... fire weather zone 204 eastern
Panhandle/Crescent Lake NWR. In nez210... fire weather zone 210
* Winds... west 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 25 mph.
* Relative humidity... 10 to 15 percent across the southeast
Panhandle and far southwestern Nebraska.
* Temperatures... 60s.
* Timing... late morning through mid afternoon.
* Impacts... extreme rates of fire spread are possible. Outdoor
burning is not advised.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Chase Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 10:07 AM MST Nov. 20, 2017 – National Weather Service