The Flood Warning continues for
the Northeast Cape fear near Burgaw.
* Until further notice.
* At 9:30 PM Friday the stage was 24.04 feet.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Record flooding is occurring and record flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to a stage of 22.8 feet by Sunday
* Impact... at 22.4 feet... 12 miles of Highway 53 are underwater,in some cases 7
feet deep, between the Northeast Cape fear bridge and Maple Hill. All homes
including 60 in River Bend, 20 to 25 in river birch and 12 in The Alligator
lake subdivision are flooded. 20 to 30 homes in Holly shelter estates are
underwater. In the Sandy Bend subdivision, off Shaw Highway, 40 to 50 homes,
which is half of the homes in the subdivision sustain flooding. Portions of
croomsbridge, Island Creek and White Stocking roads are underwater.
Lat... Lon 3472 7798 3472 7786 3460 7776 3445 7779
3444 7788 3457 7788
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Inland Pender Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 9:52 PM EDT Sep. 21, 2018 – National Weather Service
- Brown Town
- Clarks Landing
- Little Kelly
- Long Bluff Landing
- Long Creek
- Malpass Corner
- Maple Hill
- Murray Town
- Piney Wood
- Point Caswell
- Reb Kee
- Red Star Camp
- Rhyne Crossroad
- Rocky Point
- Saint Helena
- Scotts Hill
- Shelter Neck
- Stag Park
- Still Bluff
- The Borough
- Twin Oak
- Van Eden
- Walkers Store
- Wards Corner
- White Stocking