... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 7 PM EST this evening
above 3500 feet...
* locations... elevations above 3500 feet in vicinity of the Great
Smoky Mountains and the central North Carolina mountains near
the Tennessee state line.
* Hazards... very windy conditions.
* Timing... winds will increase today, maximize this afternoon and
very early this evening, then diminish later this evening.
* Winds... south 20 to 30 mph with gusts of 45 to 55 mph at times.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Haywood Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 3:59 AM EST Jan. 23, 2019 – National Weather Service
- Big East Fork
- Burnett Siding
- Cataloochee Ski Area
- Center Pigeon
- Cove Creek
- Fairway Hills
- Fines Creek
- Hyatt Creek
- Iron Duff
- Ivy Hills
- Lake Junaluska
- Maggie Valley
- Morning Star
- Mount Sterling
- Panther Creek
- Plott Farm Addition
- Shelton Laurel
- Silver Bluff
- Spring Hill
- Tuscola Park
- West Canton