... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 9 am EST
* what... a wintry mixture of snow, sleet, freezing rain and rain
will persist over the region through the rest of the morning,
lasting into the afternoon. Additional snow and sleet
accumulations of a one half to one inch is possible, along with
a light glaze of freezing rain. Re-freezing tonight will create
very hazardous travel, especially in areas that have snow
* Where... portions of central North Carolina.
* When... until 9 am EST Tuesday.
* Additional details... dangerous travel conditions will linger
through Tuesday morning. Road and sidewalk ice may develop with
clearing skies late tonight, in addition to the residual snow
and ice on the ground and secondary roads.
* Temperatures will remain nearly steady in the 30s today, then
fall into the 20s tonight.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Expect slippery
roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
The latest Road conditions for North Carolina can be found online
For more information from the National Weather Service, visit
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Johnston Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 10:31 AM EST Dec. 10, 2018 – National Weather Service
Issued: 9:57 AM EST Dec. 10, 2018 – National Weather Service
The National Weather Service in Raleigh has issued a
* Flood Warning for the Neuse River at Smithfield.
* Until Wednesday evening, or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 9:15 am Monday the stage was 14.5 feet.
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river is expected to rise above flood stage by late
this morning and continue to rise to near 16.4 feet by tomorrow
morning.The river will fall below flood stage by Wednesday morning.
* Impact... at 15.0 feet, flooding begins along the Neuse riverwalk.
Water nears the base of the Holding Tank at the water treatment
The following are the latest observations and 7 am forecast stages
for the next several days.
Fld observed forecast 7 am
location stg stg day time Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
Smithfield 15 14.5 Mon 09 am 16.4 15.0 12.2 10.0 9.1
Lat... Lon 3554 7829 3548 7834 3544 7829 3541 7833
3547 7842 3556 7835
Nearby Radar Stations
- Archer Lodge
- Blackmon Crossroads
- Coats Crossroads
- Creeches Mill
- Crockers Nub
- Crumplers Crossroads
- Dixie Crossroads
- Eden Woods
- Four Oaks
- Glenwood Crossroads
- Hardee Cross Roads
- Hares Crossroads
- Hocutts Crossroads
- Johnson Crossroads
- Laurelwood Hills
- Lees Mill
- Lowell Mill
- McGee Crossroads
- McGee Mill
- Moores Chapel
- Noble Hills
- Oak Forest
- Oak Grove Inn
- Ogburn Crossroads
- Old Farm Acres
- Peacocks Crossroads
- Pine Level
- Radford Crossroads
- Rains Crossroads
- Rose Manor
- Stancils Chapel
- Stilleys Crossroads
- Sunrise Acres
- West Smithfield
- Westview (West Smithfield)
- Whitley Heights
- Whitley Place
- Wilsons Mills
- Woods Crossroads