... Wind Advisory in effect from 7 am Sunday to 7 am EST Monday...
The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 7 am Sunday to 7 am EST Monday.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Wind chills... in the single digits Sunday night.
* Timing... winds increase early Sunday morning. Peak winds occur
Sunday mid-morning into Sunday night.
* Impacts... potential for downed trees and powerlines. Very
difficult travel through mountain passes. The cold wind chills
Sunday night could result in hypothermia if precautions are not
* Locations... the northern Piedmont and foothills of North
Carolina, and Southside Virginia.
* Hazards... strong winds and low wind chills.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be
31 to 39 mph or gusts will range between 46 and 57 mph. Winds of
these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra
precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use extra
caution until the winds subside.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Stokes Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 3:39 PM EST Jan. 19, 2019 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Aarons Corner
- Brims Grove
- Brook Cove
- Chestnut Grove
- Dan River Shores
- Flat Shoals
- Harts Store
- Moores Springs
- Pine Hall
- Quaker Gap
- Ross Store
- Sandy Ridge
- Stonewood Acres
- Walnut Cove