... Red flag warning remains in effect from noon today to midnight
MDT tonight for low humidity and gusty winds for fire weather
zones 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 and 118...
* affected area... in Montana, fire weather zones 112 eastern
Glacier/Toole/central/eastern Pondera/Liberty, 113 hill and
Blaine counties, 114 Lewis And Clark National Forest Rocky
Mountain district-Rocky Mountain front, 115 Chouteau and Fergus
counties, 116 Lincoln Ranger district of the Helena National
Forest, 117 central and eastern Lewis And Clark National Forest
areas and 118 Helena and Townsend Ranger districts of the
Helena National Forest.
* Winds... west 15 to 25 mph, with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Timing... this afternoon through evening.
* Relative humidity... as low as 10 percent.
* Temperatures... in the mid 80s to lower 90s.
* Impacts... low humidity and gusty west winds could create critical
fire weather conditions.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are
either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of strong
winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can contribute
to extreme fire behavior.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in these
areas of this red flag warning.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Fergus Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 2:36 AM MDT Jul. 21, 2018 – National Weather Service