... A Flood Warning for rain and snowmelt remains in effect until 715
PM MDT Thursday for northwestern Cascade County...
* rain and snowmelt will cause continued rises along the Sun River
through early next week, with flooding along the river lingering
into mid to late next week.
* Point forecast for the Sun River at Simms.
* At 09:30 am Saturday the stage was 7.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 7.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 8.2 feet by
early Tuesday morning.
* Impacts... at 8.0 feet water starts flowing over Highway 200 in
Sun River (town)
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Those planning to recreate on or near the Sun River over
Memorial Day weekend are encouraged to be mindful of fast flows,
higher water levels, and cold water temperatures.
Those not experiencing flooding now, may begin to see flooding by
this weekend or early next week.
Lat... Lon 4750 11192 4756 11192 4758 11156 4749 11156
4746 11203 4751 11204
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Cascade Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Areal Flood Warning
Issued: 11:46 AM MDT May. 26, 2018 – National Weather Service