... Flood Warning extended until Tuesday March 20...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Vicksburg
* from Wednesday afternoon to Tuesday March 20.
* At 11:00 am Saturday the stage was 36.4 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 43.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will rise above flood stage Wednesday February
28 and will continue to rise to near 48.0 feet Monday March 12.
* Impact... at 46.8 feet... letourneau technologies experiences flooding
problems. Vicksburg floodwallgate number 7 at lumber yard is
* Impact... at 46.5 feet... portions of Highway 465, Eagle Lake Road and
several houses are underwater. Portions of letourneau Road in south
Vicksburg are flooded.
* Impact... at 46.0 feet... water level reaches the grain bins at the
bunge grain facility.
* Impact... at 45.2 feet... Vicksburg floodwall gate at south street is
* Impact... at 45.0 feet... Ford and Kings subdivision at Williams
street begin to flood.
* Impact... at 44.6 feet... residence on Williams street in Vicksburg
begins to flood.
* Impact... at 44.0 feet... Ford and Kings subdivision at Pittman Road
and mary's alley begins to flood.
* Impact... at 43.5 feet... Long Lake subdivision is completely flooded.
Vicksburg floodwall gates at train depot and the lumber yard gate 8
* Impact... at 43.0 feet... Jackson Lane in north Vicksburg begins to
* Impact... at 42.0 feet... bunge grain facility near St. Joseph
Louisiana ceases loading operations. Chickasaw Road is going under
water just west of Chickasaw community.
* Impact... at 41.5 feet... water reaches the slab of the first
structure in the Chickasaw bayou subdivision.
* Impact... at 41.2 feet... Long Lake Road is under water starting where
the low Road to the island takes off south. Access to Long Lake
community requires a boat. Chickasaw Road GOES under water just
west of the Chickasaw community.
* Impact... at 41.0 feet... the storm water drain valves are closed at
the flood gates along the Vicksburg water front.
* Impact... at 40.5 feet... Shady Lane drive becomes impassable. Long
Lake Road becomes impassable just north of Cypress drive.
* Impact... at 39.5 feet... the Long Lake Road to Eagle Lake Road
becomes impassable about 1 mile north of the Long Lake community.
* Impact... at 38.8 feet... the Vicksburg floodwall gate at Crawford
street is closed.
* Impact... at 36.5 feet... water begins to affect the Long Lake
community. The low Road to Kings Island becomes impassable.
Flood observed forecast 6 am crest
location stg stg day time sun Mon Tue crest time date
Lower Mississippi River
Vicksburg 43 36.4 Sat 11 am 38.0 39.6 41.2 48.0 07 am 03/12
Lat... Lon 3193 9129 3227 9105 3277 9123 3278 9101
3226 9086 3187 9114
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Jefferson Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 11:52 AM CST Feb. 24, 2018 – National Weather Service