The National Weather Service in St. Louis has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Moreau river near Jefferson City
* from late tonight to Thursday evening.
* At 8:30 am Tuesday the stage was 3.5 feet.
* Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to rise above flood stage by after midnight
tonight and crest near 20.6 feet by tomorrow early afternoon. The
river is forecast to fall below flood stage by tomorrow late
* Impact: at 20.0 feet... near this height, Buffalo Road will be
closed. This Road is about 8.7 river miles upstream of the gage.
* Impact: at 19.0 feet... near this height, Zion Road will be closed.
This Road is about 12 river miles upstream of the gage.
* Impact: at 18.0 feet... near this height, both Bainer Road and
loesch Road will be closed. These roads are about 15.5 to 16 river
miles upstream of the gage.
Fld latest 7 a.M. Forecast
location stg obs stg 08/23 08/24 08/25 08/26 08/27
Jefferson City 17.0 3.46 19.4 9.9 3.7 2.5 2.3
Lat... Lon 3855 9214 3854 9207 3849 9211 3848 9231
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Cole Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 8:57 AM CDT Aug. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service