The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Baton Rouge.
* Until Wednesday June 14.
* At 8:00 PM Tuesday the stage was 40.0 feet.
* Major flooding is occurring and major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 35.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 41.0 feet by
Tuesday may 30. The river will fall below flood stage Wednesday
* Impact... at 40.0 feet... the grounds of the older part of Lousiana
state university's Campus become soggy. This includes the area
around the veterinary medicine building, the veterinary medicine
annex, the stadium and Ball fields. The city of Baton Rouge and the
main lsu Campus are protected by levees at this level.
* Impact... at 38.0 feet... river traffic and Industrial activity on the
river side of the levees will be greatly affected. Navigational
safety regulations will be strictly enforced.
Lat... Lon 3074 9130 3071 9159 3032 9130 3035 9113
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
West Baton Rouge Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 8:41 PM CDT May. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service