... Forecast flooding increased from minor to moderate severity...
the Flood Warning continues for
the Atchafalaya River at Morgan City.
* Until Sunday morning... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 8:00 PM Thursday the stage was 6.6 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 6.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 7.0 feet by
tomorrow morning. The river will fall below flood stage early
* Impact... at stages near 7.0 feet... buildings at the foot of Ann
street on the river side of the flood wall will flood as water
overtops the Rio oil company dock. Buildings on the river side of
the Berwick floodwall will flood. River traffic restrictions will
be strictly enforced. In addition, backwater flooding could
potentially impact portions areas around Lake Palourde and
* Impact... at stages near 6.0 feet... flood stage. The city dock will
be under water. Water will cover the lower end of Belleview front
street in Berwick. Vessel traffic will be affected by stronger
river current and vessel traffic safety rules will be strictly
enforced by the U.S. Coast Guard.
Lat... Lon 2997 9124 2980 9110 2939 9113 2951 9154
2986 9139 2995 9147
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Upper St. Martin Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 9:01 PM CDT Jun. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service