The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Red River Landing.
* Until Wednesday evening.
* At 6:00 PM Monday the stage was 48.9 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 48.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
* Impact... at 48.0 feet... access roads will be inundated and
evacuation of all river islands must be complete. Protection of
people and property in the river bottom land on the river side of
the levees must be complete.
* Impact... at 46.0 feet... river traffic will become dangerous. A levee
crevasse would flood adjacent farm land. Significant flooding of
Raccourci Island will continue and evacuation of the island is
* Impact... at 45.0 feet... between the 40 and 45 foot stage flooding of
Raccourci Island becomes significant. At the 45 foot stage
evacuation of the island is recommended.
Lat... Lon 3074 9137 3071 9159 3102 9170 3103 9153
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Pointe Coupee Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 6:58 PM CST Dec. 17, 2018 – National Weather Service
Dense Fog Advisory
Issued: 3:47 AM CST Dec. 18, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Dense fog advisory in effect until 9 am CST this morning...
The National Weather Service in New Orleans has issued a dense
fog advisory, which is in effect until 9 am CST this morning.
* Visibility... one quarter mile or less in some areas.
* Duration... through approximately 9 am CST.
* Impacts... motorists should slow down and prepare for rapidly
changing visibilities. Plan for extra travel time for the
A dense fog advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving... slow down...
use your headlights... and leave plenty of distance ahead of you.