The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Vicksburg
* until Tuesday June 06.
* At 8:00 PM Tuesday the stage was 48.3 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 43.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 49.0 feet Friday
morning. The river will fall below flood stage Monday evening.
* Impact... at 49.5 feet... in Vicksburg, the west side of Thompson Lake
Road up to the Railroad is inundated.
* Impact... at 49.0 feet... the river reaches Hall Road at Cedars Road
and the edge of Cedars school Circle on the west side in Vicksburg.
Vicksburg floodwall gate at China street is closed.
* Impact... at 48.0 feet... culverts in south Vicksburg west of Highway
61 south are full. Low lying businesses near the Railroad begin to
take on water.
* Impact... at 47.8 feet... Vicksburg floodwall gate at Clay street is
Flood observed forecast 6 am crest
location stg stg day time Wed Thu Fri crest time date
Lower Mississippi River
Vicksburg 43 48.3 Tue 08 PM 48.6 48.9 49.0 49.0 07 am 05/26
Lat... Lon 3193 9129 3227 9105 3277 9123 3278 9101
3226 9086 3187 9114
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Madison Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 9:14 PM CDT May. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service