The Flood Warning continues for
the Ohio River at Cairo
* until further notice.
* At 10:00 PM Tuesday the stage was 40.9 feet.
* Flood stage is 40.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 45.0 feet by
Wednesday morning..the 30th of January.
Lat... Lon 3709 8946 3717 8916 3709 8907 3680 8900
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Alexander Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 10:36 PM CST Jan. 22, 2019 – National Weather Service
Issued: 3:10 AM CST Jan. 23, 2019 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory now in effect until 9 am CST this morning...
* timing... the strongest winds will subside from west to east
across the region between 5 am and 9 am.
* Winds... sustained between 20 and 25 mph, with gusts 35 to 40
mph. Higher gusts may be possible near bands of rain showers.
* Impacts... unsecured objects could be tossed around outdoors.
Weakened tree limbs or trees may fall on power lines and briefly
cause power outages. Drivers of high profile vehicles,
especially those traveling east or west, may encounter
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are expected to
reach 30 mph or greater for longer than one hour... or wind gusts
are expected to reach 40 mph for any duration.