... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM MDT
* impacts... travel is expected to be hazardous in the back
country and through mountain passes. Now is the time to
prepare your emergency supply travel kit.
* Timing... starting this afternoon with the heaviest snowfall
during the evening and overnight hours.
* Snow accumulations... 3 to 8 inches with accumulations of 7 to
11 inches above 8500 ft.
* Confidence... moderate to high in snow impacts and initial
snowfall timing; moderate regarding the timing of when the
snow will end.
* Locations... above 6500 ft of the upper snake Highlands,
including Monida Pass. Above 6500 ft in The Sawtooth
mountains, big and little Wood River region, Lost
River/pahsimeroi including Galena Summit and Willow Creek
Summit with heaviest snow falling above 8500 ft.
Precautionary/preparedness actions... a Winter Weather Advisory
for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel
difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited
visibilities, and use caution while driving.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Big and Little Wood River Region Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 2:15 PM MDT Sep. 21, 2017 – National Weather Service