... Red flag warning in effect from noon to 9 PM MDT Monday for
scattered thunderstorms and gusty outflow winds for fire weather
zones 422, 475, and 476...
The National Weather Service in Pocatello has issued a red flag
warning, which is in effect from noon to 9 PM MDT Monday.
* Affected area... fire weather zone 422.Fire weather zone
475.Fire weather zone 476.
* Wind... most storms will produce gusts over 40 mph. A few storms
may produce gusts near 60 mph.
* Thunderstorms... scattered coverage with a mix of wet and dry
storms. Some storms may produce over one-quarter inch of rain.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly based on these criteria
for southeastern idaho:
* relative humidity at or below 15 percent and wind gusts of at
least 25 mph in the mountains, or 30 mph in the snake plain.
* Thunderstorm coverage of 25 percent, without specific rainfall
* Other high impact events deemed critical by the National
Weather Service and area fire management agencies.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Western Lemhi County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 1:52 PM MDT Aug. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service