The Flood Warning continues for
the Little Sioux river at Cherokee.
* Until further notice.
* At 01am Friday the stage was 23.92 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 17.00 feet.
* Recent activity... the river rose above flood stage on Thursday
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 24.8 feet by
Friday September 21 before begining to fall.
* At stages near 24.0 feet... County Highway c38e is closed due to
flooding, and the water reaches the northwest corner of 2nd street
and beech street in Cherokee. Water also reaches the front of the b&h
feed store. County Road c44 between Highway 159 and County Road l56
Lat... Lon 4296 9543 4291 9539 4265 9557 4256 9569
4256 9578 4270 9564
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Cherokee Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 2:43 AM CDT Sep. 21, 2018 – National Weather Service