... Wind Chill Advisory in effect from 7 PM this evening to 10 am
* what... very cold wind chills expected. The cold wind chills over
a prolonged period could result in hypothermia. Expect wind
chills to range from 15 to 20 degrees from Brooksville to the
* Where... portions of northern Florida including the Nature Coast.
* When... from 7 PM this evening to 10 am EST Thursday.
* Additional details... limit time outdoors and dress in warm
layers of clothing to protect yourself from the cold. Remember
to bring pets indoors.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will
combine to create low wind chills. Hypothermia can occur if
precautions are not taken. Make sure you wear a hat and gloves.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Inland Hernando Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Wind Chill Advisory
Issued: 4:33 AM EST Jan. 17, 2018 – National Weather Service
Hard Freeze Warning
Issued: 9:31 AM EST Jan. 17, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Hard freeze warning in effect from 11 PM this evening to 9 am
The National Weather Service in Tampa Bay area - Ruskin FL has
issued a hard freeze warning, which is in effect from 11 PM this
evening to 9 am EST Thursday. The hard freeze watch is no longer
* Temperature... 22 to 27 degrees
* duration... 4 to 6 hours
* impacts... unprotected plants may not survive.
A hard freeze warning means sub-freezing temperatures are
imminent or highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and
other sensitive vegetation.