The Flood Warning continues for
the St Mary's River at Macclenny.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 9:45 am Tuesday the stage was 16.3 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to a stage of 15.9 feet
by tomorrow morning.
* Impact... at 16.0 feet... access roads on both sides of the river in
Florida and Georgia are flooded, including the entire low lying
stretch of St. Mary's River Bluff Road on the Georgia side which
cuts off 40 to 50 homes. On the Florida side, the lower end of St.
Mary's Cove Road past the public boat ramp becomes flooded and cuts
off access to 20 to 30 homes. The Stokes Road bridge over the river
is generally closed due to high water.
* Impact... at 15.0 feet... flooding begins to impact the lower end of
steel bridge Road on the Florida side and cuts off access to the
river gage as well as access to several homes.
* Impact... at 14.0 feet... flooding of bottomlands along the river and
some lower access roads inlcuding the lower half of St. Mary's
River Bluff Road which cuts off 15 to 20 homes on the Georgia side.
* Impact... at 12.0 feet... minor flooding of low lying areas and Timber
lands including some properties along St. Mary's River Bluff Road
and the Cypress Landing resort on the Georgia side.
Fld observed 7am EST / 8am EDT forecast
location stg stg day time Wed Thu Fri Sat sun
Macclenny 12 16.3 Tue 10 am 15.9 15.3 14.8 14.1 13.4
Lat... Lon 3041 8221 3038 8207 3062 8204 3062 8198 3034 8203 3035 8220
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Coastal Nassau Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 10:24 AM EDT Sep. 19, 2017 – National Weather Service