... Winter Storm Warning now in effect until 1 PM MDT Sunday...
* location... Crowley, Otero, Kiowa, bent, Prowers and Baca
* Cause and timing... snow, heavy at times will continue today.
Lighter snow will then continue Saturday night before tapering
off by later Sunday.
* Total snow accumulation... 6 to 12 inches north of Highway 50,
with 8 to 15 inches south of the Highway.
* Wind... north to northeast winds 20 to 40 mph.
* Impact... snow and blowing snow will create hazardous travel
conditions today. In addition, heavy wet snow may produce tree
and powerline damage. A prolonged period of below freezing
temperatures is likely, which may cause damage to cold sensitive
plants and outdoor irrigation systems.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of
snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in
an emergency. If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food,
and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Western Kiowa County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 4:45 AM MDT Apr. 29, 2017 – National Weather Service