... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 3 am Saturday to
9 am MDT Sunday...
* location... Crowley, Otero, Kiowa, bent, Prowers and Baca
* Cause and timing... rain will change to snow overnight with a
period of heavy snow late tonight and through the day
Saturday. Lighter snow will then continue Saturday night
before tapering to flurries Sunday morning.
* Snow accumulation... 6 to 12 inches north of Highway 50, with 8
to 15 inches south of the Highway.
* Wind... north to northeast winds 20 to 40 mph.
* Impact... snow and blowing snow will create hazardous travel
conditions late tonight through Saturday. In addition, heavy wet
snow may produce tree and powerline damage. A prolonged period
of below freezing temperatures is likely, which may cause damage
to cold sensitive plants and outdoor irrigation systems.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of
snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in
an emergency. If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food,
and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Crowley County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 8:01 PM MDT Apr. 28, 2017 – National Weather Service