... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 6 am MDT Sunday...
* location... the northern Sangre de Cristo Mountains and the Wet
* Cause and timing... snow will develop this evening, with a
period of heavy snow late tonight and through the day
Saturday. Lighter snow will then continue Saturday night
before tapering to flurries Sunday morning.
* Snow accumulation... total snow accumulation of 8 to 15 inches
with locally up to 2 feet for the northeast facing slopes of
the Wet Mountains.
* Wind... north to northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35
* Impact... snow and blowing snow will create hazardous travel
conditions tonight through Saturday. In addition, heavy wet
snow may produce tree and powerline damage.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food,
and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Wet Mountains between 6300 and 10000Ft Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 8:01 PM MDT Apr. 28, 2017 – National Weather Service