... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 6 PM this evening
to noon MDT Wednesday...
* location... northern El Paso County, the lower elevations of
the northern Sangre de Cristo Mountains, northwest Fremont
County above 8500 feet, the Wet Mountain Valley and the Wet
Mountains between 6300 and 8500 feet. This includes but is not
limited to, Monument, Woodland Park, Rye, and Westcliffe.
* Cause and timing... a very moist storm system will track slowly
east across central New Mexico into Texas through Wednesday.
* Snow accumulation... 5 to 10 inches for northern El Paso County
and northwest Fremont County... 8 to 14 for Teller County and the
Wet Mountain Valley... and 1 to 2 feet for the lower elevations
of the northern sangres and Wet Mountains with locally higher
amounts possible on the northeast facing slopes.
* Wind... northeast at 15 to 30 mph resulting in areas of blowing
snow and poor visibility.
* Impact... travel will be hazardous due to heavy snow, blowing
snow, poor visibilities and snow covered roads.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected. Significant amounts of snow are forecast
that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If
you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in
your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northwestern Fremont County Above 8500Ft Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 9:19 AM MDT Mar. 28, 2017 – National Weather Service