... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Tuesday afternoon
through Wednesday afternoon...
* location... Pikes Peak and the Sangre de Cristo Mountains above
11000 feet... and the wets above 10000 feet.
* Cause and timing... a strengthening Pacific storm system will
spread snow into the higher peaks Tuesday afternoon... with the
heaviest snow falling Tuesday night through Wednesday.
* Snow accumulation... 1 to 2 feet with higher amounts possible.
* Wind... northeast 20 to 40 mph Tuesday night and Wednesday.
* Impact... dangerous winter conditions will be likely due to
heavy snow and poor visibilities. Avalanche danger will
increase as another round of heavy snow accumulates on top of
previous snow pack.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor
the latest forecasts.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northern Sangre de Cristo Mountains above 11000 Ft Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Watch
Issued: 10:53 PM MDT Mar. 27, 2017 – National Weather Service