... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM MDT
* location... the western mosquito and eastern sawatch ranges,
the La Garita and eastern San Juan Mountains above 10000 feet
and northwest Fremont County above 8500 feet.
* Cause and timing... a strengthening storm system will move
across southern Colorado and New Mexico tonight through
Saturday night, spreading a prolonged period of snow and gusty
winds into the area.
* Snow accumulation... 4 to 8 inches with locally up to a foot
over the higher peaks above 10000 feet.
* Wind... north to northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35
* Impact... snow and blowing snow will create hazardous travel
conditions tonight through Saturday. In addition, heavy wet
snow may produce tree and powerline damage.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern San Juan Mountains Above 10000 Ft Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 8:01 PM MDT Apr. 28, 2017 – National Weather Service