... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until noon MDT
* location... the eastern San Juan and La Garita Mountains above
10000 feet... and the sawatch and Mosquito Range above 11000
feet. This includes Wolf Creek and Monarch passes.
* Cause and timing... a strengthening Pacific storm system will
spread rounds of snow into the region overnight... with the
heaviest snow falling Tuesday afternoon and night.
* Snow accumulation... 5 to 10 inches with locally higher amounts
possible over higher east facing slopes.
* Wind... becoming northeast 15 to 30 mph Tuesday night.
* Impact... roads may become slick and snowpacked at times
especially Tuesday night as the heavier snow impacts the
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern San Juan Mountains Above 10000 Ft Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 10:53 PM MDT Mar. 27, 2017 – National Weather Service