... Red flag warning in effect from 11 am this morning to 5 PM MST
this afternoon for wind and low relative humidity for eastern
Douglas and central Elbert counties...
The National Weather Service in Denver has issued a red flag
warning for wind and low relative humidity, which is in effect
from 11 am this morning to 5 PM MST this afternoon.
* Affected area... fire weather zone 241.
* Timing... gusty winds will increase during the morning hours as
humidities continue to drop. Conditions will improve by late
* Winds... southwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Relative humidity... as low as 13 percent.
* Impacts... gusty winds and low humidities will be favorable for
rapid fire growth.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
North Douglas County Below 6000 Feet/Denver/West Adams and Arapahoe Counties/East Broomfield County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 4:49 AM MST Feb. 18, 2018 – National Weather Service