... Beach hazards statement remains in effect from Saturday
morning through Tuesday evening...
* surf heights... 5 to 7 feet... with sets to 9 feet at favored
* Swells... a moderate period south swell of 5 feet from 180 to
190 degrees combined with a long period south swell of 2 to 3
feet from 180 degrees.
* Locations... highest surf on south-facing beaches Orange County
and north of Carlsbad in San Diego County.
* Timing... Saturday through Tuesday... then gradually lowering on
* Impacts... dangerous swimming conditions due to large waves and
strong rip and longshore currents. Large breaking waves
possibly over-topping jetties.
A beach hazards statement is issued when threats such as rip
currents and other hazards are possible. Caution should be used
when in or near the water.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Orange County Coastal Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Beach Hazard Statement
Issued: 8:57 PM PDT Jul. 28, 2017 – National Weather Service