... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to
10 am PST Monday...
* when... midnight to 10 am PST Monday.
* What... snow accumulations in the Santa Cruz Mountains from 2 to
4 inches at the higher elevations, locally up to 6 inches. Snow
accumulations in the Big Sur mountains from 4 to 8 inches at the
higher elevations, locally up to 12 inches. Accumulating snow
levels down to 1000-1500 feet. Snow mixed with rain possible 200
to 1000 feet. Very cold temperatures with wind chills in the 10s
in the coldest/windiest mountain locations.
* Impacts... potentially hazardous driving conditions over sr35,
sr9, sr17, and other mountain roads and passes.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery
or snow covered roads with limited visibilities... and use caution
while driving. Check with caltrans or other local authorities for
Road closures or other Road hazards.
913 am PST sun Feb 18 2018
... Freeze warning in effect from midnight Monday night to 9 am
The National Weather Service in San Francisco has issued a freeze
warning, which is in effect from midnight Monday night to 9 am
PST Tuesday. The freeze watch is no longer in effect.
* Location... all inland areas of the San Francisco Bay area and
Monterey Bay area, including the valleys and hills.
* Temperatures... widespread overnight lows from the mid 20s to
* Timing... several hours of subfreezing temperatures possible
from late Monday night through mid morning Tuesday.
* Impacts... freezing temperatures can damage or kill plants that
are sensitive to cold. Please check on the elderly and make
sure animals have a warm shelter.
A freeze warning means sub-freezing temperatures are imminent or
highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and other
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Santa Cruz Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory, Freeze Warning
Issued: 1:36 PM PST Feb. 18, 2018 – National Weather Service