... Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am this morning to
11 PM PDT this evening for abundant lightning on dry fuels for
fire weather zones 280... 281... 282... 284... 285... 621... 622... 623...
624 and 625...
* impacts: lightning and high fire danger will likely result in new
fire starts. Gusty thunderstorm winds could contribute to fire
spread. Despite rainfall, initial attack resources could be
overwhelmed and holdover fires are possible.
* Affected area: all of Siskiyou and Modoc counties in California
except west of Highway 96 in Siskiyou County. For Oregon, the
warning covers the Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument, the
southern portion of the Rogue River National Forest, and the
southern half of Klamath and lake counties excluding Hart
* Thunderstorms: will start to develop late morning, with the
strongest and most widespread development late afternoon into
* Humidity: as low as 12 percent.
* Wind: west 5 to 10 mph. Winds could become erratic and gust to
30 mph near thunderstorms.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* one less spark, one less wildfire
Visit US at www.Weather.Gov/Medford
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
North Central and Southeast Siskiyou County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 5:56 AM PDT Jul. 22, 2018 – National Weather Service