... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Sunday morning through
Tuesday afternoon for strong gusty winds and low humidity...
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a a Fire
Weather Watch... which is in effect from Sunday morning through
* Location... Orange County coastal and inland areas, San Diego
County valley and mountain areas and the Riverside County
* Wind... areas of east to northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with local
gusts 30 to 40 mph. A few gusts could reach 50 mph Tuesday
morning, mainly in the San Diego County mountains.
* Humidity... daytime minimums around 10 percent Sunday, then 5 to
10 percent Monday and Tuesday. Poor recovery each night.
* Timing... Sunday morning through Tuesday.
* Outlook... the Santa Ana winds should weaken Wednesday.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. A combination of strong winds, low
relative humidity and hot weather can contribute to extreme fire
behavior. Listen for later forecasts and possible red flag
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
San Diego County Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Watch
Issued: 1:20 PM PDT Oct. 19, 2017 – National Weather Service