... Red flag warning remains in effect from 4 am Thursday to 10 am
PST Friday for strong gusty winds and low humidity...
* wind... northeast to east winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 50
mph. Isolated gusts to 65 mph.
* Humidity... minimum relative humidity 5 to 8 percent with very
poor overnight recovery.
* Timing... winds increasing Thursday morning, and peaking in
the afternoon. Winds gradually becoming less widespread
Thursday evening and decreasing Friday morning.
* Outlook... another period of critical fire weather conditions
could occur Sunday into early Monday due to another increase
in Santa Ana winds and low humidity.
* Fire weather impacts... any fires that develop will likely
spread rapidly and be difficult to contain. Outdoor burning
should be avoided.
* Wind impacts... hazardous driving conditions for high profile
vehicles. Specific freeways that may be impacted include
interstates 10, 215, 15 and 8. Blowing dust or sand may locally
reduce visibility to 1 mile. Debris on roadways and falling tree
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
San Bernardino County Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 12:44 PM PST Dec. 13, 2017 – National Weather Service