... Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from late Wednesday night
through Friday morning for strong gusty winds and low humidity...
* location... mountains, foothills, passes and valleys.
* Wind... northeast winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 50 mph.
Isolated gusts to 65 mph.
* Humidity... minimum relative humidity in the single digits with
poor overnight recovery in the teens to 20s at best.
* Timing... winds increasing Thursday morning over San Bernardino,
Riverside, and Orange counties, and peaking in the afternoon.
For San Diego County, winds increase during the day Thursday,
peaking Thursday night into Friday morning.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly and
be difficult to contain. Outdoor burning should be avoided.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
San Diego County Inland Valleys Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Watch
Issued: 8:55 PM PST Dec. 12, 2017 – National Weather Service