... Lake Wind Advisory in effect from 6 am to 6 PM CST Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Little Rock has issued a lake
Wind Advisory, which is in effect from 6 am to 6 PM CST Saturday.
* Event... winds will become elevated ahead and behind a cold front
as it moves through Arkansas on Saturday.
* Areas affected... most of Arkansas.
* Timing... around sunrise to around sunset on Saturday.
* Winds... south to southwest winds of 15 to 25 mph with gusts to
30 to near 35 mph at times will be seen ahead of a cold front,
then switch to the west and northwest behind the front.
* Impacts... boaters on area lakes and rivers should use extra
caution on Saturday due to the elevated winds. Also any other
outdoor activity that may be affected by the strong winds should
use extra caution.
A lake Wind Advisory indicates that winds will cause rough chop
on area lakes on Saturday. Small boats will be especially prone
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Monroe Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Lake Wind Advisory
Issued: 1:24 PM CST Nov. 17, 2017 – National Weather Service