... Red flag warning in effect from 10 am this morning to 6 PM CST
this evening for very dry and windy conditions for northeast
Oklahoma and far northwest Arkansas...
The National Weather Service in Tulsa has issued a red flag
warning, which is in effect from 10 am this morning to 6 PM CST
* Affected area... in Arkansas, Benton, Carroll, Washington, and
Madison counties. In Oklahoma, Craig, Ottawa, Tulsa, Rogers,
Mayes, Delaware, creek, Wagoner, Cherokee, and Adair counties.
* Wind... west to northwest winds at 10 to 20 mph, gusting to 20
to 30 mph at times
* humidity... 15 to 25 percent.
* Temperature... mid to upper 60s.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that a dangerous combination of weather
conditions and dry vegetation is expected within 24 hours,
favoring rapid growth and spread of any wildfires. The primary
weather factors include stronger winds, lower humidities, and
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Carroll Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 3:16 AM CST Dec. 11, 2017 – National Weather Service