... Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until 9 am CST this
* what... very cold wind chills ranging from 5 above zero to 5
* Where... northwest central Alabama.
* When... through 9 am CST Wednesday.
* Additional details... the cold wind chills will cause frostbite
in as little as 30 minutes to exposed skin.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will
combine to create low wind chills. Frost bite and hypothermia can
occur if precautions are not taken. Make sure you wear a hat and
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Marion Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Wind Chill Advisory
Issued: 3:46 AM CST Jan. 17, 2018 – National Weather Service
Hard Freeze Warning
Issued: 6:28 AM CST Jan. 17, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Hard freeze warning remains in effect until 9 am CST
* temperatures... a range of 4 to 20 degrees is expected through
this morning. A range of 12 to 19 degrees is expected Thursday
morning. Temperatures will not go above freezing throughout the
* Impacts... prolonged exposure to these temperatures could
result in exposed water pipes freezing and possibly bursting,
as well as killing sensitive vegetation.
A hard freeze warning means temperatures of 15 to 20 degrees or
below are imminent or highly likely.